Sunday, March 04, 2007

a eulogy (part 2)

this is what i actually said at my mum's funeral:

thank you for coming to say goodbye to mum.

she was a person who it is difficult to describe

above all an individual

she could be infuriating and opinionated

but she was kind, witty

an articulate woman with a thirst for knowledge

she loved music, books, art and philosophy

she was an accomplished painter, a clever seamstress and an inventive cook

she placed great importance on honesty and integrity and held firm beliefs about social justice

the awful illness she suffered in recent years masked her vibrant character

but we must try to remember her as she once was.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still like your eulogy that you didn't say at her funeral. I don't know what I'll do when my mum dies. I know she will, she fell again today.

About seven years ago I got very angry with my mother,every single thing she said or did made me angry. I couldn't stand being around her. And then I realized I was angry because she was getting old and I knew I was going to lose her. So I told her this and since then the anger just disappeared and I've been able to enjoy my time with her.

12:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home