Friday, May 15, 2009

journal - day 12

a bit of a gap again in my journal. the days when i am working seem to be too full to think at all. today is my day off and i am planning a nice soak in the bath followed by a walk with the dogs.

since my last post i have been working on looking after myself. i have started yoga again to try and tackle the aches and pains that have been getting to me. i have booked a massage for 26 may. i cycled to work yesterday (a ten mile round trip). i'm trying to eat more healthily.

i'm also looking after myself in terms of thinking about things. i haven't managed to get much head space yet but i have been thinking when i can. a couple of things that would have got to me in the past were much less of an issue. for example, yesterday my boss was a little bit short with me and in the past i would have taken it very much to heart, but i realised that she was strung out by stuff going on and managed not to take it personally. sure enough a little while later she was fine so it wasn't me she was crotchety with.

and i have managed to refrain from telephoning one of my friends who is having troubles. early in the week i rang to check how she was and said if she needed anything at all she should call me. she hasn't and i am leaving it to her to contact me when she needs to, rather than constantly calling her.

another friend is worried about her son. i was able to talk to her in what i think was a helpful way (a lot of it relates to stuff we have been through) and to comfort her without feeling i had to take all of her stuff on. so things are moving around a bit in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home