Tuesday, November 14, 2006

protection


my mum lived in the ywca when i was in my early teens (i lived with my dad) and i went to stay with her for access visits. one night someone broke into the room i was in and ransacked it while i was asleep. my mum thought the noise was me playing around so left it for about half an hour. then he went into the next door room where she was. she lept out of bed with a roar, ran naked at him and chased him out of the window down the fire escape. i didn't wake up until this happened but i have never forgotten the ferocity with which she went at a huge tall man.

this was the same mother who on other access visits took me to stay at a hostel for ex-prisoners in edinburgh (where i particularly remember getting horrific food-poisoning from corn beef hash). some of the guys had been in barlinie prison but she trusted them with me. i still have a copy of the little prince that one of them gave me.

1 Comments:

Blogger fuquinay said...

This is such an amazing snipped of your life. It sounds like the intro to a movie. I was going to say you should write it down. :roll eyes: I think you did.

10:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home